Early-stage startup hiring a Head of Marketing, encompassing responsibility over content strategy, waitlist demand, community building, and brand awareness. We're improving people's shared time by redefining the calendar for the new era of work. Details about us, the role, and interview process below.
Who we are.
Imagine a world with zero time-waste — Less time on pointless meetings, more time on thinking, creating, living.
Magical is a collaborative calendar for the new era of work, allowing teammates to better plan, coordinate, and make time for the work that matters.
We are here to solve the most time-wasting workflows at work:
- 31 hours spent in unproductive meetings over a month
- 1.8 hours spent gathering information before meetings a day
- 2 hours spent recovering from distraction per day
We are a highly-experienced team of entrepreneurs, and has started and sold companies before. We push each other to improve so we can do the best work of our lives. We want leaders to grow from within our core team and willing to invest to make it happen.
First and foremost, we're looking for people who are excited about shaping the future of calendars, time-management, and work.
We've listed a few things you'll be responsible for below, but it will also be your job to determine which of these we should spend resources on and which we should not. Your success in this role will be assessed based on your ability to execute the above initiatives, introduce new ones and leverage a variety of growth tactics to expand our user base and help more and more folks turn their intentions into actions.
Among the responsibilities for the role:
- Lead content marketing at Magical in order to drive demand and build brand awareness
- Create the category of “Time OS” (and the "Time-waste Zero" movement), and position Magical as the category leader
- Create various types of thought leadership content as a cornerstone of education and growth strategy such as blog posts, podcasts, ebooks, white papers, press releases, guides, infographics, newsletters, videos, and social media copy
- Creation of overarching written and video content strategy for the company, including planning, developing and implementing Magical’s content strategy, and developing strong editorial processes
- Work closely with our external PR agency on content and communications strategy
- Define and uphold our global community of time-hackers and discover new channels
- Partner with community team to plan and execute great community events
- Lead launch communications for company announcements and updates
- Cultivate online and offline relationships with influencers in the productivity and time-management space
- SEO and growth skills are a plus, but not required.
Sound like you?
- 5+ years of marketing experience at a fast-growing consumer-facing company (ideally experience in content marketing and working on a brand from an early stage)
- Love thinking creatively about problems and solving them in simple ways
- Worked remotely before, or know that you'd work well with a remote team
- Experience managing and working with agencies
- Familiarity with tools like Notion, Mixpanel, and Google Analytics
- Understands systems, processes, and how to scale a team
- Top 10% communications skills: writing, presenting, and editing
- Demonstrated interest in time-management and productivity generally
- Excited for a front-row seat into a fast-growing, early-stage startup. 🎢
What we offer.
As a remote-first company, our benefit stack is quite different:
Freedom to do your best work:
- 🏠 Setup your home office
- ⛩ Access to co-working space
- 👨💻 Decide when to work
Looking after your present-self:
- 🏝 Generous Paid Time Off
- 🧘🏼♂️ Sleep & wellness programs
Taking care of your future self:
- 💰 Stock options
- ⛑ Health insurance
- ✨ Personal growth roadmap
An IT stack to make your friends jealous:
- 💻 Latest MacBook Pro
- ⚡️ Premium productivity tools
The hiring process.
We know how stressful, competitive and time-sensitive a hiring process can get, so we make it a priority to be as transparent and considerate as possible. We keep our candidates informed of their status all throughout the process, knowing that Magical is here to last and hopeful that we’ll end up working together, eventually.
Get to know Magical.
You'll first jump on a call with Reut via zoom. Come prepared to provide an overview (no more than ~3 mins) of your background and experience. The goal of this call is to get to know you and explore if we might be a good fir for each other. We're also excited to tell you what we're working on and answer any questions (55 mins).
Interview with the Hiring Manager.
If we're both excited to continue, you'll have another video call, this time with Tommy. We are going to do a chronological interview and walk through each job you’ve had. For each job, we will ask you five core questions: What were you hired to do? What accomplishments are you most proud of? What were some low points during that job? Who were the people you worked with? Why did you leave that job? In this conversation, will want to understand your goals, interests, and motivations (30-45 mins).
Virtual Onsite Interviews.
You will have the opportunity to meet cross-functional team members of our team so you can get to know us better. We are looking to see how you've worked with different stakeholders and perspectives while working towards a common goal.
You'll have a take-home assignment — instructions for each will be sent at the time of the challenge.
We will talk to a few people you've worked with before to learn more about how we can best work with you. This is primarily so we can work with you as effectively as possible.
Want to apply?
Start by filling out this form. If we think you might be a fit, we'll respond as soon as we can. Please let us know if you have timing constraints. Regardless, we'll try our best to be respectful for your time along the hiring process.
— Reut "Turbo" Shechter, Head of Magic
Can't find what you're looking for? Please send us an open application to firstname.lastname@example.org with any information you'd think is relevant for potential synergies.