CEO (currently serving as Head of Product)
tl;dr - Early-stage startup hiring a Product Manager to join us in our mission to make time collaborative. We're improving people's shared time by building the first Time Operating System for the new era of work. Details about us, the role, and the interview process are below.
Who we are.
Imagine a world with zero time waste — Less time on pointless meetings and more time on thinking, creating, and living.
Magical is not just another calendar app—it’s a new operating system for your time.
Powered by GPT, Magical is the world’s first conversational calendar that transforms the way you meet and manages your time.
We are here to solve the most time-wasting workflows at work:
- 31 hours spent in unproductive meetings over a month
- 1.8 hours every day spent searching and gathering information, especially before meetings.
- 2 hours a day spent recovering from distraction per day
We are a highly-experienced team of entrepreneurs who have previously started and sold companies. We push each other to improve to do the best work of our lives. We want leaders to grow from within our core team and are willing to invest in making it happen.
As a Product Manager, you will:
- Lead a product through all discovery stages from inception to execution
- Work with design and engineering
- Product specifications and wireframes
- Support the ongoing requests from the engineering and design teams
- Backlog prioritization
- Launch and monitor product experiments
- Solve product bottlenecks
- Build and maintain a product roadmap
- Be the voice of the customer and advocate for customer needs inside the team (talk to users, drill in the data, surveys, answer user feedback, product town halls)
- Conduct customer and competitive research market research, and validation for future product evolutions (GTM for next product stages)
Sounds like you.
- Hybrid environment
- Self-starter and independent, able to lead a team on their own
- Over 2 years of hands-on product management experience in a B2B SaaS (PLG) or consumer-facing product
- Experience in setting goals and metrics in a company and team level
- Great communicator with leadership qualities, able to inspire a team
- Experience in analyzing usage data (Mixpanel, Google Analytics, and FullStory)
- Software development background is a big plus
- Strong decision-making abilities
What we offer.
As a hybrid company, our benefit stack is quite different:
Freedom to do your best work:
- 🏠 Setup your home office
- ⛩ Access to our office in Tel Aviv
Taking care of your future self:
- 💰 Stock options
- ✨ Personal growth roadmap
An IT stack to make your friends jealous:
- 💻 Latest MacBook Pro
- ⚡️ Premium productivity tools
Looking after your present self:
- 🏝 Generous Paid Time Off
- 🧘🏼♂️ Sleep & wellness practices
The hiring process.
We know how stressful, competitive, and time-sensitive a hiring process can get, so we prioritize being as transparent and considerate as possible. We keep our candidates informed of their status throughout the process, knowing that Magical is here to last and hopeful that we’ll end up working together eventually.
A 10-minute call.
We believe in zero time waste. In a 10-min call, we aim to set up expectations to move forward with the process.
Get to know Magical.
You'll first jump on a call with Reut via zoom. Come prepared to provide an overview (no more than ~3 mins) of your background. This call aims to get to know you and explore if we might be a good fit for each other. We're also excited to tell you what we're working on and answer any questions (55 mins).
Real-life product discovery session.
With Daniel (Product Designer) and Tommy (CEO)
Product conception exercise with Hiring Manager. You'll spend 45 min with our Product team, showing off your product sense, storytelling, and prioritization skills. You’ll do this by walking through a hypothetical scenario and explaining some of the decisions you’d make as part of it.
Deep dive into past projects emphasizing data-driven decisions.
With Eilon (CTO), and DevOps (Yossi).
Deep dive into a previous project (or two) with a member of our Engineering team, where you’ll teach us a bit about the what, why, and how of your work. You will talk about decisions.
References and Background Check (async).
Final interview with CEO.
If we're both excited to continue, you'll have another video call with Tommy, our CEO. You will do a chronological interview and walk through each job you’ve had. We will ask you five core questions for each job: What were you hired to do? What accomplishments are you most proud of? What were some low points during that job? Who were the people you worked with? Why did you leave that job? In this conversation, we'll want to understand your goals, interests, and motivations (30-45 mins).
Join the team!
Can't find what you're looking for? Please send us an open application to firstname.lastname@example.org with any information you'd think is relevant for potential synergies.